Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thanksgiving Morning

I am grateful for the way in which time and Spirit heal.

Reflecting back one year ago today, I remember well my state of being.  I lived in a constant psychic malaise; just unsettled enough that I was never relaxed but so subtly unsettled that I didn't recognize until recently the anxiety that was always just under the surface.  It was like hiking for miles in uncomfortable shoes and only at the end of the trail removing the boots and realizing that they were uncomfortable because there were pebbles inside.  I knew I wasn't at ease but couldn't get enough distance from the discomfort to really identify it.  And since I couldn't identify it, I certainly had no thought of understanding its source. 

But in the way these lessons go, Life brought the discomfort more and more into my awareness until I had no choice but to look at it head on.  Spirit knew I was not living in my full expression and brought the lesson so close that I saw it, identified it, and finally understood what I had only dimly perceived before. 

Since that time, I have been moving through lesson upon lesson, moving into and out of pain so profound I have felt as if my very cells were being destroyed.  The movement is not yet complete, I know that there is still more to learn as Life insists upon my emerging completeness. 

"All Life is a movement towards our perfection"

I move into and through these lessons so that Spirit in me, as me, can express more fully.  As the movement takes place I am healed bit by bit as an onion is peeled, and I come closer and closer to that sweet flesh within which is my perfection. 

And so I am grateful that Spirit within me demands my growth and healing.  And so it is. 

No comments:

Post a Comment