Sunday, November 22, 2009

Sunday Morning

I am grateful for my hearing.

Sitting on my couch on early Sunday morning, I am surrounded by sounds of life.  I hear my sister in the kitchen and I know my home contains love.  I hear a crow on the telephone wire and know that his belly will soon be full with walnuts from the neighborhood tree.  I hear the sound of the clock ticking away the seconds and my thoughts are transported to John Harrison and his clock-making experiments in the 18th Century.  Because of the gift of hearing I can entertain myself with songs from my childhood and the remembered voice of my beloved Nana.

The sounds of life weave in and out of my awareness, creating an ever-changing symphony which is the sound-track of my existence.  Without my hearing I could still function, but would live in a world only half as rich.

Thank you, Mother-Father-God, for the gift of my hearing. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment